Home > Windows Update > Prolems With Windows Update On T400

Prolems With Windows Update On T400

Contents

I ran into this problem after installing a crucial mx100 ssd and cloning via the provided software (acronis). Strage I never had this problem before. Thanks for your help. I decided I would rather eat lunch than time the downloading and installing phase, but at least it was requesting a restart by the time I got back. http://phpbbinstallers.net/windows-update/remote-windows-update-without-pc.html

However, none appropriate for my system restored the Windows Update. Ask us here at /r/techsupport, and try to help others with their problems as well! Thank you very much - T400, W7 - 64 Problem start after install a Lenovo drivers from System Update .I didn't know what's going on - Windows Update not work and So please forgive me if I am not answering the problem you are having.What is the model number of your new 750GB Seagate drive? click

Kb2647753

After restoration, I discovered that Windows Update refused to fetch any updates, even though the corresponding service appeared to be running without any trouble. Go back to services.msc and start ‘Windows Update' service Then go try updating, hopefully it will work for you too. I ran the registry bat manually and the hard drive problem went away. My heart stopped when I saw that I was getting that teeth-grinding error that we all saw at the top of this original post.

I am wondering if I should let the hard drive software update or if that will wipe out the registry change. As a short term work around I have uninstalled IRST. System Manufacturer/Model Number HP Pavilion Elite m9150f OS Vista Home Premium 32bit CPU Intel Q6600 Memory 3 GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Reply With Quote New 10 Nov Kb3102810 was pulling what is left of my hair out for about a week after changing my fujitsu N7010 notebook hard drive to a western digital 500gb, the link did the trick!!

Reply ArtFD says: 2011/10/13 at 5:32 pm Your initial post is one of the few I was able to find dealing with AF HDD’s. Why it has to be so tricky? I imaged and re-imaged the HD (old to the new) thinking it was the imaging tools I was using but to no avail. http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=120270 We will update you if there are newer solutions to fix this issue.

Reply Don Gateley says: 2013/02/08 at 6:35 am Infinite thanks. Intel Rapid Storage Technology The only thing I can say in my defense is that this time I didn't ask for it: Windows took it upon itself to install the latest batch of updates, and Fix the problem yourself or get help from the communityGet Live HelpGet Live Help For Windows Update issues we only provide support through the Microsoft Community. Forum New Posts FAQ Calendar Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links Today's Posts Tutorials Advanced Search Forum Vista Forums Windows Updates windows update just seems to hang while checking.

Kb3083710

Windows Update was enabled, and the system was manually updated... https://communities.intel.com/thread/29057 That was after the new client. _________________Arch//Openbox R61//GNOME 3 X201i/X230 Tablet //Spectrwm T61/X61/X61Work - Win7/X220T BunsenLabs T43/X32Retired T60p/T60/X30/X31/X61S RIP T400/T21/X61T/X200T Last edited by Dekks on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:37 am, Kb2647753 Thank you very much. Windows 7 Update Checking For Updates Forever Two very apparently unrealted subsystems.This one had me stumped for a while.

The newer AF drive worked just fine until I went to search for something, and that's when I found it: No Windows Search b/c the Index was not running and No http://phpbbinstallers.net/windows-update/question-about-windows-update.html Peter says: 2016/05/11 at 11:01 am This is pure genius, saved my bacon after several hours researching and attempting various fixes for windows update, Windows search. I had no idea of the new wave of AF drives and the apparent consistent and ongoing problems it was causing to Intel based systems going through HD upgrades/swaps…my MS Update I installed them all, rebooted and still had the problem. 🙁 I called MS support and they suggested installing from a SP1 iso file of Windows7 (Home Premium in my instance) Checking For Updates Stuck Windows 7

I will try to update it or reinstall it to get the issue resolved again. Thanks! I then replaced the 750GB disk and booted to the System Restore Disk. Check This Out Run CMDIf you are currently in the black screen with the pointer, you don’t need to reinstall the OS, because the keyboard inputs work.

Reply Jonas Dagys says: 2013/01/17 at 8:35 am Thanks. Windows Update Stuck Installed Rapid Storage Technology which updated my HD controller driver and VOILA!! Re: Matrix storage manager prevents run windows update Rodrigo Giménez Jan 23, 2013 8:10 PM (in response to gégé) Hi all!

Update 2012.10.15 That Intel link target keeps changing.  Try going to Intel.com and searching on "rapid storage technology".  Pick the latest result that matches your operating system.  Then download the iata_enu.exe

If you fear you might experience trouble, delay installing it until things get sorted."So, my original plan seems to be the only workaround for the moment.Oh, and the author of the Reply DAVID says: 2012/10/17 at 10:54 pm Thanks for this post!!! Ran fine except for Windows Update. Kb3172605 Reply Adam says: 2014/04/17 at 11:21 am Thanks for this solution.

Updating the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver did the trick for me. and knew it had to be something like this ... Thanks for putting this page up ... this contact form the 10% 11% 12%...

Tried a number of things, starting, restarting services following MSFT solutions. Reply Evandro says: 2015/08/11 at 7:04 pm Downloaded and ran “iata_cd.exe” fixed my vaio VPCCW25FB after cloning to a ST1000LM014 Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive. Even with with the updates mentioned above installed, on most of my W7-based systems I had some serious issues with the overall performance. This was the one for me too.

After days of fighting with this and following all the useless "solutions" microsoft gives in all the sundry places it gives them by all the incompetent people they employ and utilize, Luckily, there are workable solutions to fix it. I’ll submit another report after SP1 finishes installing itself. Microsoft's website was completely useless.

The "Checking for updates..." phase ran for 40 min and the entire update process, including downloads, installs and the monthly Malicious Software Removal Tool scan, took about one hour. Awesome. Under Optional, install the updates.Top 5. So I installed all the downloaded drivers from the manufacturer.

If MS are stuck for bandwidth/server capacity then why not put older systems on a different schedule, say last Tuesday in the month. I have a Toshiba Portege R600 and used Ghost 11.5 to copy the contents (Windows 7 64bit) of the originel SSD to a bigger and faster new SSD (Crucial MX100). Maybe not the case. BIOS: F4 -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------- VGA Brand: Asus Model: GTS450 CPU Brand: Intel Model: Q8400 Speed: 2.66 OS: Win 7 64-bit SP1 Brand of Memory: Kingston Type: DDRII Memory Size: 2048 Speed:

Things changed for Windows 7 users after Windows 7 lost Mainstream Support.YMMV _________________Active --- Love the X seriesX301 SU9400 IDA Mod - W 7 - Main DriverX201 540M - W 10 All rights reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Browser Compatibility This web site uses cookies to improve your experience. Products, services, websites - we're here to help with technical issues, not market for others. Thanks ever so much.

To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy. Thank you!